Saturday, May 17, 2014

How is Work?

Everyone says "Are you back to work?"  Actually, I never really left or missed that much work.  During February when I had the lumpectomy I missed three days of work, during March when I had the mastectomy I missed five days of work, during April I had the port installed and had my first round of chemo, so I missed six days of work and in May so far I've missed three days.  On the days I do work and feel good I'm able to work 8 to 12 hours, so I've stayed pretty caught up.

I've also been blessed with great co-workers who have picked up the slack when I'm gone or not feeling my best.  In addition, my clients have been supportive and understanding.  I feel so blessed.

Having to work did make me miss a "surprise weekend" in Springdale that Macy had planned.  We had a project at work that needed to be completed before my next round of chemo, so I had to work all weekend to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment